Wassielawyer, a lawyer specializing in restructuring and insolvency, explains the first declaration from new FTX CEO John Ray in the company’s bankruptcy case.
- why CEO Ray said there’s been a complete failure of corporate controls in FTX
- how there was no separation of accounts between Alameda and FTX
- whether FTX US customers are in a better position to recuperate their assets
- why FTX’s Bahamas unit is seeking protection under Chapter 15 of the US bankruptcy code
- why there’s a jurisdictional battle, according to Wassie
- whether the Bahamian government is responsible for letting deposits out of the platform
- how former CEO Sam Bankman-Fried is trying to save the company
[embedded content][embedded content]
Unchained is doing its annual survey. Tell us how you think we’re doing and how we could improve, whether it be on the podcast, in the newsletter, or in our premium offering. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!