In the past few days, there has been a slew of interviews released of a slew of interviews of the former FTX CEO, Sam Bankman-Fried, where he has been mostly seen to be apologetic and unaware of the full situation unfolding at FTX.
Congresswoman Maxine Invites SBF
Following this, House Financial Services Committee Chair Maxine Waters applauded Bankman-Fried’s “candid” comments about the FTX debacle in a tweet on Friday, and invited him to the public hearing on Dec. 13.
Congresswoman Maxine Walters was noted saying:
“We appreciate that you’ve been candid in your discussions about what happened at FTX. Your willingness to talk to the public will help the company’s customers, investors, and others. To that end, we would welcome your participation in our hearing on the 13th”
When FTX sought bankruptcy protection last month, Sam Bankman-Fried resigned as CEO of the company. The former billionaire has since provided media outlets with interviews and posts on Twitter in an effort to shed light on the circumstances surrounding the demise of his crypto corporation.
.@SBF_FTX, we appreciate that you’ve been candid in your discussions about what happened at #FTX. Your willingness to talk to the public will help the company’s customers, investors, and others. To that end, we would welcome your participation in our hearing on the 13th.
— Maxine Waters (@RepMaxineWaters) December 2, 2022advertisement
Bankman-Fried has recently claimed that he can’t recall specifics of how he managed FTX.
Binance, Alameda Summoned
Later this month, Waters’ committee will have its initial hearing on the FTX tragedy.
Representatives from rival exchange Binance, which helped spark the crash, and former employees from Bankman-trading Fried’s firm Alameda Research are among those expected to testify, according to the Democratic chair and ranking Republican Rep. Patrick McHenry, R-N.C.
Also recently, in a motion filed on Thursday, the Department of Justice, requested the apex court for an order directing the appointment of an examiner for the investigation. The motion also mentioned that there was concrete evidence to suggest FTX was involved in fraudulent misconduct.
SBF Drops Hints
This week, the former head of FTX dropped hints that he would show up at future congressional hearings, but he did not indicate whether or not he would accept the invitation from Waters.
It is also unknown if Bankman-Fried, who has been giving interviews to media representatives based in The Bahamas, will go to the United States for a hearing.
- Ethereum Price Sets Stage For Bullish Rally Towards $1,350
- LUNC News: Binance To Likely End Its Terra Classic ($LUNC) Burn, Here’s Why
- DeFi Token Price This Week: DeFi Token Shows Mixed Reaction; Uniswap, Terra Classic Up
- Hooked Protocol (HOOK) Starts Trading On Binance, HOOK Price Up By Whooping 2000%
- Ankr Hack: Ankr Plans To Reissue aBNBc And Compensate Users
- Gold Rate Today in Dubai, USA, India, Singapore; Check 24k 22k Price per Gram
- Crypto Prices Today: Dogecoin, BNB, Solana, Ethereum Plummets Yet Again; Terra Classic Soars
- Why Terra Classic Price Up Today? Spikes by 17% After Binance Burns Over 6B LUNC
- Ankr Coin News: Why ANKR Price Crashed Suddenly
- FTX Japan Might Soon Allow Fund Withdrawals to Its Clients