- During the 27th Episode of the BitPinas Webcast, Masayato Games Co-Founder Jayvee Fernandez confirmed that the migration process of Anito Legends from Binance Smart Chain to Polygon has been successful.
- Earlier this month, the game developer announced that the transfer process to Polygon was expected to start on October 17.
- The process then started on October 23. But though it involves migrating from one network to another, the team assured that the players do not need to do anything.
Filipino folklore-inspired blockchain game Anito Legends has successfully moved from the Binance Smart Chain to Polygon, Co-Founder Jayvee Fernandez confirmed during the BitPinas Webcast 27, with him and Cryptopia CEO Sangho Grolleman as guest speakers.
“We just moved from BSC to Polygon. Not an easy task, it’s like Bayanihan, like you lift the house to (move to) another spot, that’s exactly what it is. There are still some features that aren’t working like the summoning and the burning. For everything else, you can create a new account. The marketplace is still not active, but yes, you can already create an account now. Thank you so much for the support,” Fernandez stressed.
During the start of the webcast, the co-founder said that 95% of the game had already been transferred to Polygon. Before it ended, the transfer process was complete.
Earlier this month, Masayato Games, a Filipino company that developed the game, announced that the transfer process to Polygon was expected to start on October 17.
According to the announcement, the migration was because Polygon provides more opportunities in the space in terms of partnerships, “especially here in the Philippines, where the community is strongest.”
The process then started on October 23. But though it involves migrating from one network to another, the team assured that the players do not need to do anything:
“As a player, you technically do not need to do anything. However, we will be taking a snapshot of the player wallet on October 17 — your current player state including Anitos will be saved.”
Moreover, new pools of $LARO and $GINTO were also created from BSC to Polygon. $LARO is the game’s governance token that can be used to buy and sell Anitos, the in-game NFT characters; while $GINTO is the in-game reward token, which is used to breed Anitos, craft, and fuse high-tier weapons, pay to enter dungeons or tournaments, and can be used to enable auto-farm dungeon rewards.
“We will not require anyone to bridge their assets. DO NOT ENTERTAIN ANY PROMOTIONS OR CALL TO ACTIONS AS THESE ARE MOST LIKELY GOING TO BE SCAMS,” Masayato Games reminded their players.
Anito Legends’ Journey: A Timeline
In January 2022, Masayato Games tapped Yvette Tan, a Don Carlos Palanca awardee for Literature and known horror writer, as a creative consultant for the craft of Land of Lupa, Anito Legends’ world mode.
A month later, the game started accepting sign-ups for closed beta testing. Beta testers were said to receive one Anito NFT on Mainnet once the game launches.
Before February ended, Anito Legends disclosed that they had already reached 859 players with 2,724 Anito NFTs used.
Because of this success, the team announced that it had been preparing for the game’s official launch, as of June 2022. The early access became available by September 2022, while the Anito Legends 1.0’s official launch was on February 2023.
Fast forward to last June, Masayato Games introduced game updates for the game’s “late summer” event, including new visuals, a new mechanic, additional Battle Pass missions, and increased rewards for competitive players.
The burning mechanism of $GINTO, called “Rite of Ipa-Alam,” also started in July. The mechanism is expected to promote balance in its gaming ecosystem.
This article is published on BitPinas: Anito Legends Migrates From Binance Smart Chain to Polygon
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, it is essential that you carry out your own due diligence and seek appropriate professional advice about your specific position before making any financial decisions.
- BitPinas provides content for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.